Business Transformation Director
About the opportunity
GKN Aerostructures & Systems Europe & Asia is looking for Business Transformation Directors and Managers (senior and medior level). He/ she will be part of the Transformation Office team and report to the Vice President Change & Transformations, member of the GKN Aerostructures & Systems Europe and Asia leadership team. In essence, he/ she will be responsible for
- Successfully executing key Transformation and Improvement programs
- Supporting leadership teams in improving the maturity of their businesses
At the heart of the role is an ability to strike the right balance between carrot and stick, between short-term improvement and long-term value, between making sure line managers themselves take responsibility for change and personally ensuring they and their teams deliver results quickly and with suitable high ambition. The Business Transformation Director / Manager has a strong background in Lean improvement methodologies and projects and in his role sets the tone, spurs enthusiasm, and challenges current wisdom.
The Business Transformation Director / Manager will:
- Ensure that transformations & improvement programs/projects are run in a professional, effective and timely manner; in terms of change management (mobilising commitment), content and project management & that all improvement initiatives comply with the (transformation)vision, standards and performance demand of Business leadership
- Deliver the targets for Transformations, including but not limited to:
- Increased lagging key performance indicators (f.i. on margins, stockturns and or cash)
- Increased leading key performance indicators (f.i. Quality, Leadtime, OTD, Cost, Engagement, RLIP/CLIP, Learning curves, etc.)
- Increased process, people/leadership maturity level (measured by international standards). The post holder has the objective to make the organisation fitter so as to sustain the effort over the longer term
- Defined check items
- Project management indicators
- Work with leadership teams to develop and agree upon the Transformation Strategy (3-5 year outlook), Transformation portfolio, project selection and annual management agenda’s (X matrixes). Responsibility for making the day-to-day decisions and implementing those initiatives lies with line managers, but the Business Transformation Director / Manager is to make sure the job is done today, tomorrow and after tomorrow
- Support and lead project teams on transformation and improvement initiatives
Your skills and competences
We are looking for team players. Craftsmen with an aerospace / automotive or technical engineering background and preferably experience in senior line management roles within industrial companies. Knowledge of our industry, the market and the aerospace customer landscape will be of great help. A solid background in Lean, Six sigma and problem-solving techniques is the foundation needed for all improvement and transformation projects. We aim to complete the transformation Office team with functional expertise in Logistics/ SCM or experience in Lean product Development and Industry 4.0.
Professionals with business intelligence and care for people. Who like rolling up their sleeves and learning smarter ways of working every day and achieve results. Who get energy out of transforming opportunities into a way of working that in the end of the day translates into sparkling financial and operational results and engaged, proud smiles on people faces. People with the ability to easily shift between the strategic, tactical and operational level, connect with people at all levels in the company and with a proven track record in managing change in a complex business environment like ours.
Since we we are part of a truly global company and support sites in the UK, Netherlands and Germany, international experience and good inter-cultural skills are necessary.
- Independent, have experience of similar turbulent environments
- Accept nothing without facts and independent analysis
- High emotional quotient and strong interpersonal skills
- Good problem solver and business leader
- Strong background and experience in the application of Lean enterprise leadership methods, metrics and behaviours
- Extensive knowledge of business process mapping
- Have a cross-functional background and a variety of different business situations
- Can lead cross-functional and international teams effectively
- Combined this cross-functional background with experience in leadership, people, learning & development, organisational architecture and/or change
- Development of workable solutions / proposals which are acceptable for leaders and teams
- Structured and organised methods of working
- Strong planning skills
- The ability to lead people. To motivate, organise and deploy people at all levels to achieve optimum performance from them both individually and collectively whilst motivating them to stay with the Company and give their best
- Inspire employees and act as role models for the sort of behaviour needed to encourage and embedded change
Master degree Engineering, Business Science, Organisational psychology or Change management (degree equivalent level of education &/or supporting experience).
In return we offer you
We offer an attractive package including a salary in line with industry standards, an annual profit related payment and 42 days of leave.
Please contact Sonja van 't Zelfde (Talent Acquisition Manager) on +31612873140 for more information about this vacancy. Visit www.gkn.com for more information about our organisation. Send us your CV and letter via the online application form.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries. Fokker Technologies, founded by aviation pioneer Anthony Fokker in 1919, was acquired by GKN Aerospace in 2015. Fokker’s outstanding people and technologies are now fully integrated into the GKN Aerospace business. The result is a stronger GKN Aerospace business with enhanced market leadership positions, increased exposure to key growth platforms, a more comprehensive global manufacturing footprint and stronger technological offerings. Fokker’s industry-leading capabilities in aerostructures, electrical wiring systems, landing gear and services now sit within GKN Aerospace’s market-leading capabilities.
Diversity and inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success. A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world. GKN is an equal opportunity employer. We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Acquisition is not appreciated.