About the opportunity
We are looking for a Contract Manager who is ready and eager to take up the challenge in defining and safeguarding the contractual baseline for our Aerospace proposals and programs. If you are experienced in contract lifecycle management, especially for aerospace defense programs, we are looking for you to complement our team.
As Contract Manager you will be focal point for managing contracts throughout the full contract lifecycle. You will ensure full compliance and maximum financial and operational performance at minimum risk and cost to the company. You will be part of contractual discussions and negotiation and work closely together with our Legal department and lead accountable/ stakeholders within the organization to achieve maximum result. After entering a contractual agreement, you will be responsible that all contractual obligations are properly defined and approved. Furthermore, you will manage, record and keep track of all contract amendments and changes using state-of-the-art IT tools (i.e. CLM Matrix). Key activity will be to maintain the best contractual position during execution together with the program teams. Main focus for this specific vacancy are the NH90 Helicopter program and (other) Aerospace defense programs.
- For the NH90 program, your activities will consist of managing the contractual obligations within the GKN Fokker community (Fokker Aerostructures, Landing Gear and Services) and GKN Fokker internal approvals. You will be working together with the Fokker members in the NHI Commercial Steering Committee and the NHI contract manager. The latter are responsible for negotiation and contracting by NHI (of which GKN Fokker is a Partner Company)
- Aerospace defense program activities will include all contract management related activities for a wide variety of products and services
Your responsibilities are:
You will play a vital role in accelerating the GKN Fokker strategy and providing contract management support. You will help to improve our standards in close cooperation with the Director Commercial, the contract management team, GKN contract managers and (international) stakeholders.
You are a sparring partner for stakeholders within the organization. At tactical level you work in close cooperation with stakeholders from different departments, such as legal, engineering, supply chain (contract) management, business modeling, business development, program management, finance etc.
Our contract management team supports all GKN Fokker Aerospace divisions which means that your daily activities will be very divers and require on-site presence (mainly within the Netherlands). You home-office will be at Papendrecht.
In addition these responsibilities and those described above, in general, you coordinate the following activities:
- Ensure compliance of contract obligations with company policies, governance and standards
- Coordinate and act as a linking pin between departments during the proposal phase
- Analyse and challenge proposed contractual conditions
- Support the proposal team during commercial reviews
- Ensure that contractual obligations are down-flowed to internal and external stakeholders
- Support and participate in contractual negotiations, as applicable (either new business cases or claim settlement)
- Provide risk management recommendations to safeguard and proactively identify risks at all phases
- Timely report deviations from contractual obligations
- Robust and accurate record keeping of all contractual agreements
- Provide periodic or ad-hoc reporting of contractual status, claim handling, material litigation issues and/or any relevant commercial issues
- Execute contract sign-off procedures, manage related supporting documentation and coordinate activities with the contracting stakeholder(s)
Your skills and competences are
You have experience in a similar job and are ready for the next step. We take a master level supplemented with legal and/or contract management studies (or equivalent), affinity with a technical driven environment and experience in an international corporate environment for granted.
Excellent communication skills and ability to build an optimal network are essential to be successful. Therefore a good knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both written and verbal, is essential. In case of disputes with a contract party, you will ensure proper and professional claim handling. Your personality and skill set makes the difference. Next to your skills, knowledge and experience you are talented in securing contract management in dynamic environments with different stakeholders. As a successful candidate you have a proven track record in achieving excellent negotiation results. The combination of emphatic and analytical skills allows you to think and act on all levels within the organization to define and create commitment for contract management. Formulated in terms of culture, competencies, leadership and expected behavior. The GKN DNA is a solid starting point. Because to the defense related activities, full security screening (ITAR, NATO etc.) and compliance will be required.
In return we offer you
We offer you a challenging but equally rewarding position. Our offer on salary and other labor conditions matches industry standards.
For more information please contact Leo van der Laan (Director Commercial) at firstname.lastname@example.org.Visit www.gkn.com for more information about our organization. Send us your CV and letter via the online application form.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries. Fokker Technologies, founded by aviation pioneer Anthony Fokker in 1919, was acquired by GKN Aerospace in 2015.
Fokker’s outstanding people and technologies are now fully integrated into the GKN Aerospace business. The result is a stronger GKN Aerospace business with enhanced market leadership positions, increased exposure to key growth platforms, a more comprehensive global manufacturing footprint and stronger technological offerings. Fokker’s industry-leading capabilities in aerostructures, electrical wiring systems, landing gear and services now sit within GKN Aerospace’s market-leading capabilities.
Diversity and inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success. A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world. GKN is an equal opportunity employer. We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Acquisition is not appreciated.