Are you an motivated and enthusiastic Maintenance Engineer? Do you have excellent communication skills and are you a self-starter with a hands-on mentality?
Read on to see what Van Oord can offer you. For the Ship Management Department Systems in Rotterdam, we are looking for a full-time enthusiastic and driven Maintenance Engineer.
Van Oord Ship Management Department (SMD) is looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join its team located in Rotterdam. The maintenance engineer is responsible for the setup of the Maintenance Management System. In a manner that the fleet can operate in an efficient and effective manner. In order to be able to carry this out, intelligent innovations and modifications are required. The goal is optimization of procedures, reliability and availability of equipment.
- Making risk analyzes for technical installations and covering these risks by prescribing proper maintenance
- Planning the work
- Determining the law and regulations that apply to the asset
- Provide help and support to the users of the maintenance management system
- Find out which preventive maintenance tasks are best applied to the equipment (using the manuals and technical drawings)
- Building up a functional decomposition of an asset in the maintenance management system
- Advised/supported multiple projects teams for different contracts
- Wrote quarterly/monthly trend reports for projects teams and clients
- 3 or a maximum of 5 years relevant work experience
- A demonstrable affinity with IT
- Process oriented and able to set up a projectplan
- Can translate maintenance management needs into system implementation
- Being able to give support on vessels
- Maritime background and is able to make a technical decomposition of technical equipment
- Understands compliance & maintenance management processes
- Hands on mentality and also willing to do the light and more easy jobs
A challenging position within a vibrant and international operating organization, with opportunities for personal development and growth in many areas. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional team but also an environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the application button.
Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Edwin van der Slagt
+31 88 8262968
Over de organisatie
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow’s world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.